Thursday, May 31, 2012

A Night to Remember


You want one word to sum up my weekend? That would be impossible to do! Lets see, there was family, friends, food, love, excitement and celebration.
Matthew proposed to me on Sunday with an engagement party that followed.


Just thinking about it puts the biggest smile on my face.

 He took me out to a point on the lake (the same point we have decided to have our wedding).
It was a beautiful day with the sun skimming across the top of the water. Perfection.










Also my Matron of Honor.:)
He then took me to our engagement party at my friend Amy's house. Amy is an amazing hostess and I couldn't thank her enough for that night.













The food was some of my and Matty's favorites! SO GOOD! With Kabobs, Coffee Brisket, Mac&Cheese, Corn on the Cob and much more. We made sure to have leftovers the next day. YUM!















They did such an amazing job decorating...with candles in mason jars hanging from trees, chalk art and candles all over the tables.














And the most wonderful part of all is that we got to celebrate with some of our closest family and friends. Matthew had asked me when we first started dating what my perfect proposal would be and I told him that I really didn't care how I was asked, but I wanted to celebrate with a group of our closest afterward. He most definitely followed through with that and the night turned out to be more than amazing and something that I will brag about for as long as I can. Thank you to this wonderful group for making it a night to remember!

Front, from left, Phyllis (Matty's mom), Matty, Me, Joy (My mom), back from left, Juli, Mrs. Kim, Pastor Nick, Zachary, Lizzie, Lucas, Donnie, Amy, Sarah J, Devin (Matty's brother), Kenny (Matty's dad), Katie, Terry (My dad), David, Jody, Cole, Pastor Jerry and Mrs. Shirlene.

No comments:

Post a Comment