Friday, July 20, 2012

I would LOVE that job!

I think everyone has at least one career field that they see and think, "I would LOVE that job!" But then minutes later after dreaming about being a _fill in blank_, then they start to think about all the reasons they wouldn't be able to actually do the job (setting aside any lack of education).

If you have NO clue what in the world I'm talking about, let me tell you my example. I always liked the idea of being a veterinarian (more specifically a part of the Humane Society). Every time I hear or read an article about animals being rescued by this awesome society, I can't help but automatically wish I were a part of it! Then comes the downfall...seeing the horrifying sights.
Even though I would get to rescue the animals, I would probably end up balling my eyes out while doing so. It makes me extremely sad every time I read an article about animals in a hurting environment and therefore having to being rescued. I can't even watch those commercials where they show all the sad looking animal faces...I have to change the channel!

                                                                          *******

I read an article today about 185 chihuahuas being seized from a home in Pennsylvania. Now I will say, it turned out not to be as bad as it sounds. The dogs weren't in as bad condition as you would think and had no major health conditions, only health issues with their eyes and skin. They weren't scared of new people and the couple owned them had a name for every single dog (which they told the names of each while they were being taken away).
A sad part to the story is that the couple had 30 dead puppies in their freezer. They did not kill the dogs - veterinarians said they died of natural causes. The owners had put them in the freezer because they were planning on cremating them.
Once again, this was probably one of the best stories I've read about animal seizing.
When living in Savannah, I had to cover a story on horses that were badly malnourished and some were even dead on the farm. Just covering the story and taking pictures of the malnourished horses brought tears to my eyes.

So, all of this to say that no matter how much I would want to be employed with the Humane Society, I don't think I would survive a single day.

To all those that are able to survive one day and many more within that career field, major kudos to you! You're living one of my dream careers and I'm glad that someone out there is able to handle it.

No comments:

Post a Comment